Silt Fence is designed as a temporary barrier to control the movement of suspended sediment and soil during groundwork.
Silt Fence captures sediment and allows water to infiltrate and percolate into the ground, preventing sediment from being carried to ditches and streams where it can negatively impact aquatic life.
Silt Fence can play an important role in managing construction related pollution incidents by forming a site perimeter barrier, intercepting runoff from slopes and protecting drains.
Silt Fence is quick and simple to deploy and provides a key intervention for the effective management of surface water on construction sites, especially when used in combination with other sediment control devices.
- Site perimeter protection
- Overland flow interception
- Drain and surface water protection
- Surface water management plan intervention
- Reduce catchment flood risk
- Reduce pollution incidents offsite