Silt and fine sediment capture mats
Floc Mats have been developed to capture silt and fine sediment suspended in water. The 1m by 2m Floc Mats can be laid flat, placed over a rock check or used to form a permeable curtain across a channel to help manage flow, increasing sedimentation where conditions allow.
Made from 100% natural fibre, the fully biodegradable Floc Mats provide a safe, cheap and easy solution to support the removal of pollutants from water.
Placed in natural and artificial channels, water moves over and through the Floc Mat to capture and trap silt within the deep natural fibres and is ideal for use with the Pipe Reactor.
Floc Mats come in untreated or treated forms, with treated versions having Water LynxTM impregnated into the natural fibres to aid their silt binding performance.
- River restoration and maintenance operations
- Drainage from construction sites
- Used in artificial dispersion fields
- Improved settlement in attenuation ponds and lagoons
- Forestry and agricultural operations
- Runoff attenuation features